GREEN STUFF 2013 REGISTRATION
Sessions for ages 5 to 7: 9 am - 2 pm
June 17 - June 21
July 8 - July 12
July 15 - July 19
July 22 - July 26
July 29 - August 2
Sessions for ages 7 to 10: 9 am - 2 pm
June 24 - June 28
Visit http://botanicalgarden.berkeley.edu/whatsnew/green_stuff.html to register.
Every year from mid-June to mid-August the Garden's Education Program offers Green Stuff, a fun hands-on science day camp for children ages 5 to 10. Examples of activities campers might do include:
• Go on a five senses tour of the Garden
• Learn about amazing plant adaptations and habitat diversity
• Taste foods growing in our Crops of the World garden
• Become a young botanist and see plant parts up close under microscopes
• Experiment with growing your own seedlings
• Hunt for garden animals including birds, newts, lizards and compost critters
• Discover how Native Americans of California used plants
• Make crafts from plant material to take home
• Investigate in a different part of the Garden everyday!
Green Stuff is wonderfully small camp, limited to 12 children per week with 2 counselors, where each child gets very personal attention. We break-up into even smaller groups for walks with our Botanical Garden docents - 6 children and a counselor with a docent. The counselors are two well-trained UC Berkeley students, undergraduate or graduate students in Plant Sciences and/or Education, who have experience and a love for educating young children and sharing the wonders of plants and nature.